Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yay, It's Raining!

Yay, It’s Raining!
Jul 5th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 7:41am Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 70 degrees F (21 C)
Conditons: Cloudy, light rain
Forecast: Thunderstorms today and tomorrow. Highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s or 70s


Calypso and Susan chilling out

I hope everyone had a good 4th of July. We spent ours relaxing and doing a little work outside. I say a “little” work because the humidity really got to me yesterday. Even though it was cooler than it has been, the muggy-ness just saps energy and makes one feel cruddy.

And then, in the afternoon, I decided it would be a good idea to get a workout in. So I took my bike out and hit the hills. Excellent workout but once again, the humidity was terrible. I miss Minnesota!

So today I am happy to report that we are getting some much-needed rain. This year has been wetter than past years but when I rode by the creek yesterday, there was no water in it. Oh the joys of Summer in Georgia.

I have decided that I am not going to do this again. I am not going to do another GA Summer. Spring, Fall and Winter are OK here but next year this time I hope to be in Alaska or at least still in the midwest or somewhere that isn’t 90 degrees and muggy. I’m really aiming for Alaska though, at least for the Summer.

Speaking of Alaska, the sign-up for the 2010 Iditarod has started (see http://www.iditarod.com/race/musherlisting.html ). Blake has entered, which is great news! We were all incredibly disappointed when MCK had to withdraw prior to the 2009 race but we know it was best for the dogs. This year, however, we hope to avoid excess Vitamin A and to put a great team in the Iditarod. It is going to be exciting working with Blake, Jen and the dogs this Fall and Winter!

And last, but not least, I am verrrrry excited to report that I have a new car! Okay, it isn’t brand new but it’s new to me! I have a Subaru Outback (it’s red!) and I love it! I’ll try to get some pictures of it up soon.

Edit This
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Yay, It’s Raining!”
Dave Lukosik on 08 Jul 2009 at 6:37 pm # edit this

Congrats on getting a Suburu Outback! Rented one in Seattle a few years ago and drove all around the North Cascades and up the Mt Baker Highway, excellent handling and good on gas. Yes these hot muggy Summers get your mind thinking about cooler places! Checkout http://www.sewardcitynews.com and the Seward, Alaska websites for photos and ideas!

Dave Lukosik on 08 Jul 2009 at 6:55 pm # edit this

Checkout Ron Niebrugge Images Photo Blog and his http://www.WildNatureImages.com for beautiful photos of the Kenai Fjords National Park and the Seward, AK area and more! Hopefully this will keep you cool!

wolfmoonsleddog on 14 Jul 2009 at 7:13 pm # edit this

Thanks Dave! Seward is indeed one of the places I’ve been thinking about lately. It is absolutely beautiful (although geologically unstable).

Dave Lukosik on 14 Jul 2009 at 9:35 pm # edit this

The volcanes are on the other side of the Kenai Penn but you do have to watch for tusnamies if they have another 1964 Good Friday Earthquake! I remember I was in my Purdue Univ college dorm room when they announced the news of that earthquake. In the Summer of 1977 I was walking the streets of Seward, AK and they had rebuilt much of the town except the railroad yard was now sunken and a small boat harbor took its place!

No comments:

Post a Comment