Sunday, September 5, 2010

4th Of July At Little River Canyon

4th Of July At Little River Canyon
Jul 5th 2010
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 7:22pm Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 88 degrees F (32C)
Conditions: Partly cloudy, warm
Forecast: Clear today and tomorrow. Highs in the 90s, lows in the 60s

Another long post is in the works but in the meantime, here are a couple of pictures from Little River Canyon National Preserve in Alabama. I hadn’t been there in a LONG TIME - definitely not since it was designated a National Preserve. And yes, there are canyons in the Southeast!!

My family and I spent the 4th visiting the canyon, which was really crowded. Still, it was great to get out and about like we used to do! Good times. We saw another husky and about ten chihuahuas.


Bonnie observes a scenic overlook

Edit This
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “4th Of July At Little River Canyon”
Dave Lukosik on 05 Jul 2010 at 8:26 pm # edit this

Looks like the southern most part of the Eastern Continental Divide. Have you visited Desoto Caverns in Alabama? Cool place this time of the year! Wish I could find some lighted caves to walk the Siberians this time of year!

Jessee & Team SSpirit on 11 Jul 2010 at 10:01 am # edit this

Gorgeous. never been there but always wanted to, that and the kentucky canyons. I went to Kure Beach (NC) for the fourth, but did not bring any dogs and was glad because I found they are really strict about dogs on the beach, thank goodness here I can just drive out the road to Wilsons creek and it’s beautiful river gorges!

wolfmoonsleddog on 13 Jul 2010 at 7:00 am # edit this

Dave - no I don’t think I have! There are so many neat caves and such in that area. There’s one very near here - Cave Spring cave - but I don’t think they allow pets. I love caves and karst systems.

Jessee - You should come over this way for a visit and we’ll go exploring. Besides Little River, there’s also Cloudland Canyon, Buck’s Pocket, Walls Of Jericho (utterly undeveloped but WELL worth the steep hike), etc. All dog friendly.

Most beaches are very strict about dogs. There’s a pretty nice one down near Savannah where my cousins take their pup. But that’s probably a pretty long drive for you!

Cheers!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment