Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Should Have Written This Post A Long Time Ago

I Should Have Written This Post A Long Time Ago
Sep 14th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Midwest
Location: Finland, MN
Time - 11:09am Central Daylight Time
Temperature: 79 degrees F (26 C)
Conditions: Mostly sunny, warm
Forecast: Mostly sunny today and tomorrow. Lows in the 40s, highs in the 70s

Hagar cools off during a training run a couple of weeks ago

So it is WARM today. Warm for this area of Minnesota at least. And it did get colder at one point. We had “patchy frost” a couple of mornings…although it did warm up considerably during the day time. But not right now. Right now we are just waiting for the temps to drop again.

I have been meaning to write a new blog post for about two weeks and then for about half a million reasons didn’t do it or was interupted…

Calypso and Susan have settled back into Minnesota life. Susie was THRILLED to be back and Calypso is happy too. Both of my girls are out in the big yard now and I’d say they are actually happier out there than they were in their kennel pen here. They get lots of attention and the chance to “free-run” with the other girls in the big acre-plus exercise yard (I can’t say enough good things about this new yard). The other day a noisy little red squirrel started jumping from tree to tree in the exercise yard. Of course, Calypso the red dog (red squirrel? red dog? coincidence?) was delighted to bounce around under the trees barking at it. I thought where else would Kippy have the opportunity and room to really chase squirrels through the forest!

Another handler recently arrived here from Australia! Her name is Kim and she has been doing dryland mushing for a number of years and is here to learn to run on snow! I am really enjoying working with her and we are having a lot of fun! Be sure to check out Kim’s website at http://cdmusher.webs.com/

The puppies are growing amazingly fast and changing every day. We are spending much time working and playing with them. This past weekend we put the orphans (now 5 months old) in harness and went for a 1-mile introductory canicross run. I can’t wait to watch these pups as they continue to grow and learn. After all that we went through last March and April, seeing them becoming sled dogs will be an amazing experience.

BTW, my email is working again and I can now send messages!

Edit This
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “I Should Have Written This Post A Long Time Ago”
Dave Lukosik on 15 Sep 2009 at 3:01 pm # edit this

Great to read you all are enjoying the ups and downs of the weather this September! The temps are in the 80’s now in Eastern NC. Tell Kim she left Raleigh at the right time to escape the heat and humidity! Glad to read her truck made it to Minn! Send some photos of the Pups From Mars!

wolfmoonsleddog on 17 Sep 2009 at 7:12 am # edit this

I just posted some new orphan (”Killer Puppies From Mars!”) photos. It’s been cooler lately but not as much as we would like. Kim and I are both glad to be away from the muggy heat of the South.

Jessee Osborne (Team SSpirit) on 19 Sep 2009 at 10:03 pm # edit this

We have had a few color changes in leaves here as well, but still we have only hit low’s of 50’s here in the mountains at night. Most of the days here still are muggy but it has gotten cooler. I’ve been thinking about running some exceptional races this year with a friend, but a recent job offer might hinder my season and traveling BUT I am getting my equipment back in order for a regular full and busy season here.
I remember coming across Kim’s website a while back searching other mushers and found she was actually in NC for a bit… too cool! tell her a fellow nc musher says hello! Always love reading your posts, and keep em comin’. A!
-J

wolfmoonsleddog on 22 Sep 2009 at 8:04 pm # edit this

Glad to know you’re reading and enjoying my posts, Jessee! I hope it cools down for you guys in NC. Have you been getting a lot of rain there like I hear GA is getting?

Hope your Season gets off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment