Sunday, September 5, 2010

Did Someone Say Snow?

Did Someone Say Snow???
May 6th 2010
wolfmoonsleddog
Midwest
Location: Finland, MN
Time - 10:00am Central Daylight Time
Temperature: 40 degrees F (6C)
Conditions: Mostly cloudy, damp
Forecast: Partly cloudy today, highs in the 50s. Cloudy tomorrow with up to an inch of snow. Lows in the 20s




In the free-run yard yesterday with the girls.

Yes, you read that forecast right. We’re supposed to get snow tomorrow. Somehow that seems just hilarious. I am getting ready to leave MCK, which is hard. I’m going back to GA for the Summer, where I’m sure you will hear me complaining about the heat come July and August. Oh well…

What makes leaving this time harder is that I won’t be coming back next year. Not to work, at least. I have every inention of coming back to visit but it won’t be for an extended period of time. In other words, I won’t be working as a handler here next year. So if anyone is interested in working at Manitou Crossing Kennels for the 2010-2011 season, you can contact Blake and Jen Freking here - http://173.201.26.204:9080/manitoucrossing/ManitouCrossing.html#view=CONTACT%20US

And, speaking of precipitation, IT FINALLY RAINED! And rained. I think we had three downpours yesterday. Ah, back to the Minnesota I know and love.



Roisin, playing in the free-run yard. All the dogs are doing well and I have been giving them lots of time and attention and free-play in the big yard out back. I am really, really going to miss the dogs. Kazoo went to a new home with recreational mushers in Ely. His new people sent an email and it sounds like Kazoo is really, really happy. His brother, Banjo, however, is clearly wondering where Kazoo is. I gave him an extra hug this morning.

Alcan is huge. He demands a ton of attention - and he gets it too! The other day, Alcan, Jen and I went on a three-mile walk down the puppy loop. Alcan had a good time and we found a few lost booties along the trail, which we picked up.

Jen is due in less than three weeks and all at MCK are very excited. I won’t be here when the baby comes, unfortunately. You can be sure I’ll be contact via email and phone though!

And the new house that is being built? Wow. That’s all I can say. Wow. I’ve included a picture so you can see for yourself. The little cabin was Blake and Jen’s house (and still is at the moment!).



No comments:

Post a Comment