Sunday, September 5, 2010

Black-Eyed Susan

Black-Eyed Susan
May 17th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Susan (or Susie) is a Siberian husky from Manitou Crossing Kennels, run by Blake and Jennifer Freking. She was born in May 2008 and I worked with her as a puppy when I went to work for Manitou Crossing. I watched her and her sisters learn to walk on leash with a harness, learn to run in harness and learn to run with a team as they grew up.

As my time to return to Georgia in Spring 2009 approached, Blake and Jen said I could have Susan if I wanted her. And, of course, I did. She joined Calypso on my scooter team and has been doing amazingly well. I could not be more pleased with her!

Susan is the daughter of Inga, who ran lead on my 2009 Beargrease 150 team, and Scout. She has many of the same characteristics of her mother, including her drive and her sweet, gentle nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment