Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm Still Here!

I’m Still Here!
Jun 4th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 10:33pm Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 70 degrees F (21C)
Conditions: Raining
Forecast: Rain and thunderstorms today and tomorrow. Highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s

Sorry you haven’t heard from me lately. Here are my great excuses for what is going on and keeping me busy:

Putting the posts in for the new dog yard expansion (which, when finished, will make the yard almost three times as big as it is now). Very nice!
Going through things in the house
Going to the Working Dog Symposium in Bristol, TN/VA last weekend (more on this, including pics, soon).
Puppysitting a pup named Niki
Writing up the newest issues of “Dog & Sled”
Brushing Susan
Keeping the dogs cool now that the temps are starting to hit the 90s (f). Ugh.
A forum called “The Husky Forums” which I discovered. Very cool.
Friends
Taking up the carpet in the living room
Talking to a production company about possibly being featured scootering in an upcoming TV program about working dogs and their people.
Baking muffins and carrot cake
Entertaining the dogs while they are inside
Hearing a noise while walking Calypso and turning around to see a coyote about 10 feet away
Complaining about the humidity
Playing with my dogs outside
Star Trek
So things are going very well. Susie is settling in and is quite happy. She is always glad to see me but is bonding with the other dogs too, especially April the spaniel. She is blowing her coat major big time now. Fur everywhere! Calypso seems to be starting but I reallllly wish she’d get a move on it! It’s June already!

Edit This
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “I’m Still Here!”
Dave Lukosik on 05 Jun 2009 at 6:56 pm # edit this

Looks like you have been keeping busy! Digging those post holes is not much fun. What is the name of the husky forum you found? Keep cool!

wolfmoonsleddog on 08 Jun 2009 at 6:49 am # edit this

The husky forum is http://www.thehuskyforum.com/ The link to the forum itself is http://huskylove.proboards.com/index.cgi but you have to sign up to view it.

I really like the Husky Forums. I found out about them through a link on Dogster (I left Dogster recently - long story).

Dave Lukosik on 11 Jun 2009 at 8:23 pm # edit this

Thanks for the info on the Husky Forum! Have you looked at the http://www.alaskanhuskybehavior.com, their forum is good too. Kirsten was a dog handler in Alaska and now lives in NC!

wolfmoonsleddog on 12 Jun 2009 at 3:35 am # edit this

I’ve looked at the Alaskan Husky Behavior forum before. I think I even tried to sign up once but my computer was freaking out or something. I will check it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment