Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Completed Shed And A New Direction For ‘North City’

The Completed Shed And A New Direction For ‘North City’
Jul 23rd 2010
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 9:34pm Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 86 degrees F (30 C)
Conditions: Cloudy, hot, humid
Forecast: Clear tonight and tomorrow. Lows in the 70s, high around 100

Witness the pretty much completed dog shed of Wolf Moon. Sweet! Our work has finally paid off and we have something to show for it!

In other news, Bluebonnet “Bonnie” would like for me to make a public service announcement stating that she is in no way, shape or form, affiliated with Tropical Storm Bonnie - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100722/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather

In the meantime, I have been thinking. My writing projects have not been going so well lately. I had several ideas floating around in my head for sci-fi, fantasy and kids’ stories. One in particular appealed to me a lot - it was expanding on a time-travel story that’s been in my head for years. Unfortunately I could not seem to make it work on paper. It just wouldn’t write. Urgh. I hate writer’s block.

In the meantime, the North City pilot was coming along but I was having doubts. Okay, it looked like I could do this but it was going to take a LOT of time and energy and seriously, getting a cast together would be a nightmare. And this is just for ONE PILOT. Never mind that I have enough material for TWO SEASONS. And even if we were somehow able to do it…To be honest, with the cast and crew I might be able to round up and my amature editing skills, it’d probably suck. No offense to anybody.

I just want this to be good.

So…what to do? Abandon the project. It was sounding kind of appealing. Wipe the slate clean and try to find a novel or SOMETHING that I could write.

Then I remembered. In Spring of 2008 I came up with what I thought was a great idea for a movie. I thought I’ve got to make that into a movie somehow. But what I wanted to do was waaaaaaaaaaay beyond my abilities, and I so badly didn’t want to tone it down. So I changed my plan and turned it into an approximately 600-page novel. It took me about four months to write it. No, I haven’t tried to get it published because there’s some things I want to fix first…

But that got me thinking. Duh. Instead of attempting doing a North City series that wouldn’t be able to live up to my expectations, turn it into a novel!

So that’s what I’m going to do.

Cheers!

A

Edit This
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “The Completed Shed And A New Direction For ‘North City’”
Dave Lukosik on 26 Jul 2010 at 9:46 pm # edit this

Nice looking shed you got there! Nothing like building your own. Good luck on your “North City” novel. Just read your 2009 issue of Dog and Sled and enjoyed it!

wolfmoonsleddog on 29 Jul 2010 at 8:00 pm # edit this

Thanks! It was definitely cheaper than buying something pre-fab.

I’m going to try to get the 2010 “D&S” put together but it’s kind of on the back burner for now.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment