Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru
Apr 28th 2010
wolfmoonsleddog
Midwest
Location: Finland, MN
Time - 9:34am Central Daylight Time
Temperature: 48 degrees F (11C)
Conditions: Clear
Forecast: Clouding up today. Chance of thunderstorms tomorrow. Lows in the 40s, highs in 50s



This was supposed to be the year. You know, the year I was going back to Alaska. I started planning well over a year ago to make the trip North this Summer. I figured with an entire year to plan, I could make it happen for sure.

But it’s been one thing after another that will be funny a few years down the road but sure as heck isn’t funny right now. And the worst part? I was the one who said I couldn’t go this year.

I keep talking about it like I “chose” not to go…but the reality is, there wasn’t really a choice. But here I was, thinking I WOULD be able to go. I’d already initiated contact with some people in Alaska and then I’m the one who said I couldn’t come. WTF?

I feel bad because I’ve been planning this for a year. I feel bad because I have to say no - I HATE saying no. I HATE to disappoint anyone. I feel bad because it makes me feel like I wasn’t trying hard enough. That if I thought just a little harder, I would have been able to come up with a solution. I don’t dig no-win scenarios.

This was supposed to be the year…

I think I’ve spent too much time hanging onto the back of a dogsled…I can’t seem to let go.

Edit This
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Kobayashi Maru”
Dave Lukosik on 28 Apr 2010 at 5:02 pm # edit this

“Patience has its virtue” Believe in serendipity, when the time is right and you have all your ducks lined up, it will happen! In the mean time, make the best of the situation. As Lucy would say, If life gives you lemons, make lemonade! And get Charlie Brown to buy some! PS I too would be disappointed in not having a Summer in Alaska!

Dave Lukosik on 30 Apr 2010 at 9:52 pm # edit this

Alice, check your other e-mail account for an interesting situation that has developed in Alaska! Hope the tornados stay away from your area of the woods this weekend!

Lori Hedin on 02 May 2010 at 5:37 pm # edit this

Aaaah Sorry Alice to hear this. I had checked out where you were going to go and it looked like a great place to spend the summer. Keep looking and follow your dreams for they do come true when you believe in them!

wolfmoonsleddog on 02 May 2010 at 7:41 pm # edit this

Thanks guys. No tornadoes this far North. Another thing I do NOT miss about the South.

I have been second-guessing myself all week…Oh well, this is how things happened and I’ve just got to make the best of it. I’ve got what is shaping up to be an interesting trip coming up…just not the trip I really wanted to do right now.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment