Sunday, September 5, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
Dec 26th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast

Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 10:34 Eastern Standard Time
Temperature: 32 degrees F (0 C)
Conditions: Mostly cloudy, damp
Forecast: Partly cloudy today, sunny tomorrow. Lows in the upper 20s, highs in the 50s


Hey all!

Above picture is last weekend at MCK. Jen and I took out 8 dogs on the first sled run of the Season. Unfortunately although there had been an inch of snow here and there we were still training on ATVs. Still, Jen and I couldn’t resist. I rode in the sled while we ran down the road and then explored a trail that had been unused for several years. A very narrow trail, did I mention? With trees alongside it right at sled level? And a few branches in the middle of the trail? It was a blast and we were both laughing. The dogs were delighted too - it was all-around contagious enthusiasm.

On the way back, I drove the sled. Jen got off to take the above photo and it was all I could do to keep the team stopped. This is why we weren’t training the bigger teams. Although you can sled, you can’t hook down (with a snowhook to anchor the team).

The team, from front to back, was:

Fiona Inga
Naoki Capri
Kenzie Bluie
Remi Chester

I am back in Georgia with my parents for Christmas (yes, I know Christma was YESTERDAY) and having a very good visit with them. I miss my dogs though and I understand I have also missed a major blizzard which dumped feet of snow in Minnesota.


My Dad took/staged this picture yesterday. I’m not sure why…but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I’d brought presents from MN so maybe it’s supposed to represent that? Missing from the photo is the plush slingshot chicken that crows when we send it flying down the hall. Yes, we are oh-so mature here.


Above photo is the whole family (dogs included, of course) taken by Bonnie Lundberg at Little Mountain Kennels last May. I love this picture (even though Calypso is trying to drag me into the lake). My parents have been so incredibly supportive of all that I have done. We have faced some unexpected curves this Fall and I am so happy to be spending Christmas with them this year.


The yard in Georgia. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it in Winter.

Anyway, a very merry Christmas to you all!

A

Edit This
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Merry Christmas”
Dave Lukosik on 26 Dec 2009 at 10:14 pm # edit this

Happy Holidays to you and your parents! Thanks for sharing the photos of sledding and the family. Is that a Tim White tobaggon sled? Do you have a drag mat attached to it besides the regular brake? Where do you attach the drag mat? I bought a used Tim White sled that was used in the 1991 Iditarod by Bill Peele of NC. Last weekend I was caught in the 13 inch snowfall with 4 of my fur kids in Little Switzerland, NC while moving furniture up to the house I bought near( less than 2 miles by road, 1,000 ft by hiking thru the woods!) the Blue Ridge Parkway. One of these days soon we will be training and sledding in this area! Have a good time at home and back in Minn!

wolfmoonsleddog on 30 Dec 2009 at 9:45 pm # edit this

Hi Dave! I believe that IS an an old Tim White sled. We have both a drag pad and double claw brake on it (as well as a snowhook that, at the time the picture was taken, wasn’t much use as there was so little snow). I will check and see where the drag attaches.

It’s crazy that NC got so much snow! That’s great! I bet your pups loved it!

I am back in Minnesota right now. Flew from Atlanta to Minneapolis today and am staying in Monticello at Little Mountain Kennels. I return to MCK tomorrow!

Cheers!

A

Dave Lukosik on 02 Jan 2010 at 11:45 pm # edit this

Thanks for your reply. Let me know where and how the drag mat attaches to the sled. I bought one from Cold Spot Feeds for it! The NC snow was followed by an ice storm on Christmas Day! I will check on the property next week. Dave in NC

wolfmoonsleddog on 06 Jan 2010 at 7:31 pm # edit this

Looks to me like it is attached with ropes (made of gangline material) to the back stantions.

Sorry to hear about the ice storm. Ice is never fun, even for those of us who love frozen stuff!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment