Sunday, September 5, 2010

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things
Aug 25th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Midwest
Location: Finland, MN
Time - 8:24am Central Daylight Time
Temperature: 64 degrees F (18 C)
Conditions: Mostly cloudy, windy
Forecast: Possible rain showers today, highs in the 80s. Sunny tomorrow, lows in the 40s


The above picture shows Jen and me coming into the yard with the yearling team. It was taken by either Bonnie or Colton, I am not sure which. They were visiting the kennel last week and we all had a blast!

Here is one seriously nice thing about Minnesota. When it gets “hot” up here, it’s not the muggy, oppressive heat we have in Georgia. When it is hot in Minnesota, I actually feel like doing things outside. While in Georgia, I just want to stay out of the heat!

Calypso and Susan are settling in. They spent the first few days in a kennel run but now have been moved out to the female yard. They are doing fine and seem quite content. I am planning to take them on a scooter run today.

The orphan puppies from last March (see http://sleddoggin.com/blogs/wolfmoonsleddog/2009/03/28/call-me-octo-mom-2/ ) are huge and beautiful now. They are currently running and playing out in the new free-run enclosure. It is the nicest enclosure I think I have seen. I cannot get over how big it is! There are trees and brush for the dogs to play in, and a nice path for them to run. For Calypso, it’s the biggest area she has ever been able to run free in (excluding when she was a puppy and I could let her run around off-leash with me).

We have been training most mornings and the teams are looking good. The yearlings were hilarious when we took them out!

Just as going back to Georgia was culture shock, coming back to Minnesota was a kind of culture shock of it’s own. I love it up here though. And there are puppies!

Be sure to check out the latest post on the Manitou Crossing Kennel blog, which was posted just before I left Georgia - http://mck-blog.blogspot.com/2009/08/august-2009-puppies-berries-and.html

I am getting my video camera ready to roll today and plan on taking as much footage as I can this Season, so I will have a “Life At MCK” video.

In other news, I should probably mention that I can’t send emails right now. I don’t know why and am trying to work on the problem. I can still receive emails, I just can’t send any out.

Later!

A

Edit This
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things”
Dave Lukosik on 25 Aug 2009 at 7:07 pm # edit this

Great to read you are back at the kennel and getting back in the groove. Yes, there is a difference between Summers in the North and Summers in the South! I get alot more accomplished when it is less humid! Got my daughter Caroline moved into an apartment in Chapel Hill, NC this weekend. She started school at the Aveda Institute today! Glad to read that Suzan and Calypso are fitting right in and having a good time in the free run pen! Looking forward to your photos and videos!

Jessee Osborne (Team SSpirit) on 28 Aug 2009 at 6:03 pm # edit this

Great to hear your gettin’ back into the swing of things!! Looks like we might have a chance at a early fall this year in the mountains and I’m crossing my fingers!
Yeah, humidity sure puts a huge dent in how ‘hot’ it feels outside. Probably why I prefer spring if any warm weather because the humidity hasn’t started climbing as much then.
Did you hear about Rodney and Jeff’s TN race? Very exciting, the curcuit down here is really growing! I hope to have a fun run the middle of December here in NC.
Have fun up yonder!
-Jessee

wolfmoonsleddog on 14 Sep 2009 at 9:33 am # edit this

Thanks for the comments! I enjoy hearing about what’s happening in the Southeastern mushing world. I feel I have kind of dropped out of the loop down there since I moved to Minnesota. It’s amazing how the sport is taking off in the SE (and everywhere else for that matter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment