Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fun Times!

Fun Times!
Jul 20th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 7:37am Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 57 degrees F (14C)
Condtions: Mostly clear, cool
Forecast: Partly cloudy, highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s


Above: Susan in Calypso in the newly-completed lower yard

Well we spent the weekend in South Carolina where it was SCORCHING. It was a nice surprise to come home to what feels like a preview of Fall. We are actually having a cool snap which I know won’t last but I intend to enjoy it while I can!

The dog yard expansion is now complete with only a little fine-tuning left to do. I’ve included quite a few pictures:


Susan bounds around the lower yard


Even April gets into the act!


The fencing itself. Welded wire on the bottom with an extra strip of chicken wire (don’t laugh!) along the top, just to be on the safe side.

Our fun has by no means been confined to the outdoors. The other day we witnessed (actually brought about) the return of a certain yellow and black object that has caused chaos in the past…


I am referring of course to the above-pictured yellow and black squeaky ball with which Calypso has had a long-running obsession. She hadn’t seen it in well over a year but she still remembered that it used to be on top of the cabinets. So when it *mysteriously* appeared in the toy basket…


It didn’t take long for Calypso to take notice. Her Precious was BACK!

Actually, she doesn’t seem *quite* as obsessed with it as she was. She does enjoy putting it under the sofa and making me crawl under said sofa to retreive the Precious Squeaky Ball. Susie got hold of Squeak for a little bit too! The passing of the torch (or black & yellow squeak)?

Hope everyone is staying cool!



Edit This
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Fun Times!”
Dave Lukosik on 21 Jul 2009 at 7:41 pm # edit this

Great looking play area for all the fur kids! What a beautiful log home with those lovely pine floors! Perfect setting for the fur kids and their friends!

wolfmoonsleddog on 24 Jul 2009 at 3:38 pm # edit this

Thanks. I love it and I know I’ll miss it when I head North again…though from what I hear it sounds like this Winter will be waaaay too much fun!

Everyone is enjoying the play area now. I’m so glad the pack has more room to run and really stretch out their legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment