Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Antics Of Susie Q

The Antics Of Susie Q
Jun 17th 2009
wolfmoonsleddog
Southeast
Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 9:03pm Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 82 degrees F
Conditions: Mostly clear, muggy
Forecast: Partly cloudy tonight and tomorrow. Lows in the 70s, highs in the 90s


Susie claims her favorite spot in the house - my bed!

Well I was going to write about the new doggy swimming pool I just put in but I had to tell a story about this afternoon first.

Susan’s favorite room in the house is my bedroom. The big, open living room still makes her a bit nervous but my room has a lower roof and is smaller. She loves it! And her favorite place in my room is my bed! She will lie there with her chewy bone for as long as she can!

Anyway, this afternoon Susan was on my bed with her chewy bone and Calypso joined her. Only Calypso was convinced (as Calypso always is) that her long-lost black and yellow squeaky ball was on top of my dresser. She believes this because she saw it up there about two years ago. It was up there then, therefore it is up there now. That is Calypso’s logic.

Today she was actually halfway right. I had a basket of doggy toys on top of the dresser and Calypso could see it! Knowing that if I didn’t do something right then, I would have Calypso jumping up on my desk onto my notebooks and computers and posters (that I really need to put on my wall except that the house is utterly devoid of thumbtacks right now), I took the toy basket off the top of the dresser and set it on the floor. I handed Calypso a chewy bone and she proceeded to throw it across the room.

Anyway, I went in the living room to do something (I don’t remember what) and Calypso followed me. I heard some noises from my room and suddenly had visions of Susan standing on my desk and stomping out strange messages with the keyboard.

I hurried back into my bedroom and discovered that Susan was on the bed with a chewy bone in her mouth. Only it wasn’t the one I had given her. The bone I had given her lay on the bed next to five others and a tennis ball!

While I was in the living room, Susan had been hopping off the bed, snatching toys out of the toy basket, hopping back on the bed and depositing them there. She would have had to make several trips and she would have had to make them very quickly.

Little sneak!

Edit This
3 Comments »

3 Responses to “The Antics Of Susie Q”
Dave Lukosik on 21 Jun 2009 at 8:25 pm # edit this

Sounds like Susan is making herself right at home! Nothing like having your toys right there on the bed so you can enjoy them! Yesterday was the first 100 degree day in Eastern NC. Believe me all the fur kids spent a nano second outside to do their business then wanted inside the cool house! Today is the longest day! It’s all downhill from now on til December! Keep Cool!

wolfmoonsleddog on 24 Jun 2009 at 4:33 am # edit this

LOL, yes! I can’t wait for cooler temps. I’m halfway tempted to just load my dogs up and go to New England or something, just to be somewhere that isn’t so HOT for a week or so…

Oh! I let the camera roll while Susan was on the bed and caught her snatching the bones on video. I also have footage of her pulling kleenex out of a box and destroying it!

Tabby on 30 Jun 2009 at 2:38 pm # edit this

Looks like Calypso wants to give you a bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment