Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We HAD Fall Weather...

Location: Armuchee, GA
Time - 6:47pm Eastern Daylight Time
Temperature: 73 degrees F (23 C)
Conditions: Partly cloudy, humid
Forecast: Chance of thunderstorms tonight, mostly cloudy tomorrow. Highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s

Two happy flowers after a run last week

So we WERE having a nice Fall. Not a Minnesota Fall by any means but the temperatures were in the 30s and 40s in the morning and Bonnie and Susie and I were doing a lot of scooter runs.

Last Sunday, I met up with Steve and his dog team and Deborah and David and their dog, Anya (from Bark In The Park) at the Chickamauga Battlefield near Chattanooga. We went on a pre-dawn moonlit run though the park and it was a BLAST! Great trails and a lot of chance to practice command training.

The flower power girls did fantastic and were really listening to whatever I told them. They took commands, passsed, kept the lines tight and were enthusiastic the whole run!

I am so glad to finally have teams to run with in the area. It's fun running alone but it's always fun to run with other mushers too.

Jen called the other day and when I saw it was her, I immediately thought "Yay, now I get to brag about the amazing Bonnie and Susie!"

She was calling to brag about the flowers' sisters, Violet and Lily. Apparently they are running in lead and doing pretty amazing too. That whole litter is awesome. I remember Violet really standing out in the Beargrease 150.

So the weather in GA was decent, and I was really enjoying taking long walks with Calypso. The Fall colors were just starting to light up the landscape.

And then it got hot and humid again and we started having thunderstorms. Seriously, last night there was a tornado watch.

It's almost November, folks! I'M READY FOR IT TO STOP BEING 80 DEGREES AND HUMID DURING THE DAY!!!!

Thank you.

In other news, the current edition of ESPN magazine has a big article about Lance Mackey in it. Check it out, you can read it online at http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/insider/news/story?id=5655581&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d5655581

Wow, that is a REALLY long URL.

Anyway, I've got another loooong post coming soon but this is all for tonight.

I'll write again soon.

Cheers!

A

1 comment:

  1. We've had fall and I think Alaska is on time for winter this year. Blech.

    I cannot wait to get outta here in 11 days to warmer temps in FL!

    ReplyDelete